Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'll move to any town with free nachos... takers... no?


CHICAGO (AFP) - A Texas town has changed its name to DISH in exchange for 10 years of free satellite television service.

All 125 residents of the town formerly known as Clark will get basic service and a free digital video recorder satellite TV receiver, a move that has some people joking that the Fort-Worth suburb will become a town of couch potatoes.

"We joke that in ten years everyone will come out and say wow when they see the light," said secretary Michelle Going, 32.

read on.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do they get their name back after 10 years is up?

7:57 AM  
Blogger ptm said...

No, I think they spend the 10th year trying to find a new corporate partner. "Bounty, TX: The Quicker Picker Upper Town (formerly Dish)"

11:23 AM  
Anonymous SATELLITE TV said...

Hi there! Glad I found this place with like minded people. Doing a good job looks like.
All the best, SATELLITE TV

2:01 PM  
Anonymous SATELLITE TV said...

Hey, cool blog you got here. I'm a nut case surfer, but l know what I like.
Have a good one!
Always looking for SATELLITE TV!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous SATELLITE TV said...

Hey, cool blog you got here. I'm a nut case surfer, but l know what I like.
Have a good one!
Always looking for SATELLITE TV!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home